I live in Silicon Valley, California and work as a software engineer on an operating system kernel’s performance analysis subsystems. Before the pandemic, I biked to work every day, rain or shine, and I sold my car. During the pandemic, I’m fortunate enough to work from home.
I wrote a few Rust programs in the last year to generate this website and create topographic maps that I can plot on my pen plotter. When I have a compelling need for a functional widget, I can print it out with a 3D printer. And I’m building garden beds to start a vegetable and herb garden.
Over the next year, I’d like to:
- Read more books
- Build systems that use e-ink displays
- Come up with designs to keep my pen plotters in use
- Design a new kind of bicycle counter
- Push for safer transportation infrastructure where I live
- Grow my own produce
- Keep this site updated with progress on all of the above
Updated in January 2021. Inspired by nownownow.